Nearly there!

Myerscough College
I'm in the "Travelsludge" near Hartpury College right now. It's cold outside, the leaves have fallen from the trees, and everyone is looking a little more grey!

But, I'm excited, as the Hartpury venue for filming is magic. Good quality lights, wonderful audiences, interesting horses, and a venue where I don't freeze my particles off!

One of the problems I have on tour, whether it is the autumn or winter tours (October or February), is that the cold reduces the life of my batteries dramatically. This time round, at Reaseheath College, I was on the scaffold, filming, and by the end of the evening the cold wind was blowing through. Because of the scaffold, I get most of this on my back, as the way the venues are constructed they typically have slatted upper boards to allow for ventilation. The battery indicator starts counting down faster than it should.

There is very little that can be done to keep batteries running in this situation. I can't unplug the battery and put another one in as I need to film continuously until the next horse comes in. By which time its too late. My only tip? Keep them in the warmest placed you can...which when you are up a scaffold may happen to be near the crown jewels!

 I know, too much information...but you'll thank me if you are in that situation....

Ingliston - Scotland

Comments

Popular Posts