Day Two - onwards to Namibia

After a four hour stop over at OR. Tambo airport, back. On another plane and heading back. The way I flew in. This time, to land in Windhoek, and my final stop for the night.

As the plane took off you could see the change in houses from the extremely nice, to the shacks on the outskirts of Johannesburg. Then onwards through parched looking farm lands.

The old 737 felt as though it struggled to take off, but I guess it wasn't age. I must admit, I will struggle to get up in the morning though as I have, with a few short sleeps been travelling and awake for over thirty hours now.

Extremely straight roads intersect creeks and small rivers below the aircraft. This is something I remember from last time I visited Namibia. Very straight roads that lull you into a false sense of security when you are presented with a turn after driving 100 miles!

If the plane took a direct route from Johannesburg to Windhoek, then it would be travelling over the Kalehari desert in Botswana, before entering Namibian airspace.


Comments

Popular Posts